Every day is women’s day, but today we take a little extra time out to honor the women that empower us, inspire us and motivate us.
Of course I had to support you with your new year’s resolutions, goals and strategy!
I stand in agreement with you as you decree and declare your 2019 goals, strategy, and new outlook. Join me in sharing your new tactics, goals and conditioning that will cooperate with what Heaven says! We stand in great collaboration with our Maker!
Use my IG templates to share your 2019 manifestation.
As you make your list and check it twice, be sure to add Gurkha Cigars to your gift giving prospectus. Impress your guy with a cigar selection that evokes both luxury and culture. Score!
Gurkha is the maker of the world’s most expensive and exclusive cigars. While the company has brands for every price point, Gurkha is known to cater to the uber wealthy. Perfect for celebratory moments, the most expensive special edition cigar Gurkha retails for $350,000 for a box of 20 cigars. Don't pull out your black card just yet, that unprecedented collection is SOLD OUT! (insert not-so-sad face).
Here's a quick cigar 101 to help you choose the perfect cigar for your beau.
· The body: Decide if you are looking for a mild, medium or full-bodied cigar.
· The size: If it’s a short experience, then you want to look for a Toro-size cigar. If it’s longer, then you may want to try a Churchill.
· The flavor: Determine what flavor profiles you would like to experience: sweet, smoky, spicy, chocolaty, leathery, peppery, woody, earthy, nutty, creamy, etc.
· The price: If this is your first time smoking a cigar, stay away from the higher-priced cigars since, at this point, you won’t be able to truly savor the distinguishing elements of an expensive cigar. There are plenty of inexpensive cigars that hold top ratings from major cigar publications.
· The rating: Most cigar publications rate cigars. Those with good scores are typically posted.
· The construction: This will determine how smooth and even the draw is when you smoke it. You can test the construction of a cigar by rolling it between the thumb and index finger of your hand. You want the cigar to have a nice even consistency and fill. With a well-constructed cigar, the ash will maintain the shape of the cigar as it is smoked.
xo - Janelle
For the last several years I have style stalked interior design maven Nicole Gibbons. The decor-obessed #girlboss makes her piece of social sphere both inspiring and memorizing.
Nicole Gibbons is an interior designer, blogger and on-air personality best known for her fashion-forward point of view on style for the home. Nicole’s distinctive design sensibility is sophisticated and multi-layered, blending classic with modern and mixing rich color, pattern and texture in fresh ways that excite. She is also a highly sought after expert often featured in top media outlets such as HGTV, TLC, The Rachael Ray Show, InStyle, House Beautiful, Traditional Home, Real Simple, Better Homes & Gardens, Lonny, Domino, Elle Decor and more. She can also be seen helping deserving families re-imagine their living spaces on the Emmy Award-winning TV series Home Made Simple, airing Saturday mornings on OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network.
Photos courtesy of the Nicole Gibbons website.
xo - Janelle
JoAnn from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs, serves up the perfect summer salad.
This Bruschetta Pasta Salad is a perfect summer side dish. Loaded with tomatoes, basil,
I cannot wait to try this!
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 5 tomatoes, chopped (I use vine ripened because they have the most
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped finely
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 - 4 tsp balsamic vinegar (to your taste)
- 1/3 cup shredded
parmesancheese salt& fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic, chopped basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and
- Let this mixture rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Then toss the tomato mixture with the cooked noodles.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- You can serve and enjoy this recipe right away, or let it rest for up to an hour before enjoying!